I am competing on 3 in the open classes, 2 in the 1.10m and 1 in the 90cm
2. How is your preparation going for the Nissan Easter Festival?
Preparation going well. Horses are on form.
3.Which of the Nissan Easter Festival classes are you most looking forward to and why?
I am looking forward to the Grand Prix because it’s obviously the main event and a huge deal for me.
4. How do you mentally prepare for the bigger classes of the show?
I try to stay relaxed and focus on myself and how my horses are feeling.
5. Do you get nervous with the big crowds watching and if so how do control your nerves?
I do get nervous. Mostly to do well and not let my horses and team down. I always say to myself: it’s important to want to succeed but it’s pointless if my nerves get the better of me and cause me to make silly errors. So I believe in just getting on with it!
6. Do you follow an eating plan or do you just eat what you like?
I mostly try not to eat everything I see! I’m not too strict about it but if I put on a kilo then I cut back drastically until I’m back down.
7.Tell us about one of your favourite horses and why he is your favourite?
Capital Fountain of Love is one of my favorites because she is the horse that made me. She can do no wrong in my eyes. She tries her heart out and I always feel like she is on my team so I can jump anything.
8. Do you enjoy the smaller classes on your young horses as much as the bigger classes?
I enjoy a really talented young horse immensely. It’s always a thrill discovering what you have the opportunity to bring out of a young horse. However it’s very difficult to ride young horses because you never know what you’re going to get. So I do prefer the experienced horses.
9. As it is Easter will your family be at the show supporting you?
Yes! Riding is very much a family affair with Ryan and my son Cody also competing.
10. What part of Nissan Easter Festival are you most looking forward to?
I am most looking forward to jumping the open horses. It’s a goal of mine to jump a clear in the Nissan Easter Festival Grand Prix, so I can’t wait for another chance!