Do you love baking and love your horse? Now you can combine the two because this month we’re bringing you awesome horse treat recipes to try! The ingredients for these homemade treats are easy to find at grocery stores. These treats are totally safe for horses to eat (in moderation!). If you think your horse deserves a spoil, then you’ve got to give these recipes a go!
Handy tip: get an adult to help you if you need help working the oven or measuring ingredients!
You will need:
1 muffin tray
3 cups of oats
2 tablespoons of honey or molasses
2 cups of water
1 grated apple
3 tablespoons of flour
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 small box of raisins
1 small handful of crushed peppermints (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Mix the oats, water and honey in a microwave-safe dish.
3. Microwave these for 2 minutes.
4. Add the shredded apple, brown sugar, crushed peppermints, flour and raisins.
5. Mix all the ingredients together.
6. Use butter to grease the muffin tray and then spoon the mixture into the holders.
7. Put the tray into the oven for about 15 minutes or until the muffins turn a light golden brown. (Note: the muffins don’t rise.)